|Posted by email@example.com on March 21, 2021 at 3:10 PM|
As we make the turn to a time post-Covid, some things I suggest we think about and a call to action.
1.Organizational North Star. What is it, and does everyone in your organization know it and where they fit?
2. Talent. New rules, new challenges, the hybrid experience makes communications, travel, and interaction different. You need to adapt.
3. How good is the team at giving and getting feedback, crucial conversations, and being able to name the elephant in the room safely?
4. Cash, Investment, ROI, Operation Expense. You have a chance to reengineer your financial model post covid. Operating margins can significantly improve if you don't go back to pre covid levels of spend. Don't waste a crisis.
5. Professional Services, how did they do with you the last 12 months? Partnerships tool on a whole new level and meaning over the previous 12 months.
6. Data. Is it good, is it valid, are you measuring the right things?
7. Call your customers, reconnect, to quote Mike Marks, "find the pain and fix it."
8. Muddy Boots rule one and two. Get out in the field and ask how we are doing and what we can do better. See #7
9. We are not out of the Pandemic, people need support, and they also need clarity. Listen with an open heart.
10. Be part of the movement to redefine our nation's relationship with essential workers on pay, benefits, working conditions. Living wage creates consumers and lowers the cost of the social safety net.
11. Let us finally make the founder's vision real, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Men being defined as all men and women in the USA. We are a nation on edge, and it will take all of us to make equity, opportunity, and safety fundamental rights. Diversity is our greatest strength. Let us make it more than a word spoken after yet another bias crime.
12. Put Grandkids over Greed. Social Impact Investing, doing well while doing good, the time has come. Climate change is real, and so should our correlated investing and public policy.
13. Demand accountable and responsible government and vote. Don't sit on the sidelines—every election matters. Protect the right to vote for all Americans.
We live in unprecedented times. It calls for unprecedented leadership.
What's your list?